Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Big 12 Champs

It has taken me entirely too long to post about my alma mater being Big XII Champs for the first time EVER!!!!!! This has been the best season of OSU football in the history of OSU football. And I am so so so glad that we had season tickets this year. (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)

So Bedlam was last Saturday night and the weather forecast really put a damper on any plans we had. We wanted to go up early and eat in Stilly and get the whole "game day expereince" but it was raining. So we ate in Tulsa and then went straight to the game. Side note: I wore running tights for warmth and comfort and it was the best decision of my life. I may never wear real pants to a game again.
I was nervous all week about this game. Everyone knows we have been dominated by OU for years. And while we were clearly much better this year, anything can happen when it comes to Bedlam. But not this year, folks.
Walking up to the stadium I said to Kyle, "I know this isn't gonna be a blowout, I just want to win." Man, was I wrong? I won't go over the game in detail. If you want that, you can visit Pistols Firing Blog. 
We took a fairly early lead and just kinda ran with it. I didn't relax until the 4th qtr when it was clear that we were going to win. And then the excitement set in. We had been yelling and cheering and jumping up and down all game. Students starting filing down the stadium to rush the field. And then I saw my 34yr old brother leave his wife and head towards the field. Yes, he and a friend rushed the field. Hilarious. It was an unforgettable night. Here are some pics from Kyle's iPhone:

Taking the field

Fans rushing the field

Dad, Mom, Erin, Me. Pistols Firing. Go Pokes. Bedlam victory is ours!
I have always been proud to be a Poke, but this season took it to a whole new level. 

Some say we got screwed in the BCS standings Sunday night. We ended up #2, behind Bama. Which means we don't get a shot at the national title. We will play in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan 2 against Standford. 

Best part of the Bedlam game besides winning: Not hearing Boomer Sooner 50 times. They (whoever they is) did a great job of playing speaker music or talking, or our band played, or whatever needed to happen happened the very minute they tried to play that awful song.

No comments:

Post a Comment