Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Basketball

This past weekend we got the treat of watching my nieces play their first game of basketball. And let me tell you, it was a treat! We started off the day with lunch at Red's Southern Diner , a newly opened diner located at Danforth and Kelly and it was delish. There is nothing healthy about it, so don't go if you want to eat lightly. There are 7 menu items to choose from and it comes family style with all the sides. The food was great. I ordered the chicken pot pie and it was the best I have ever had. My favorite part was the massive amount of fried okra I shoved in my face.

After lunch, Grammy and Pappy and I  went to watch Lauren's tennis lesson. She is quite the little athlete! And she looks so cute and feminine and graceful while she does it. Below are 2 short videos I took towards the end of her lesson where she got to play a match with another girl. I didn't want to make her nervous with the camera so they are short.


Then we were off to basketball. Both of the girls were so nervous and we kept telling them they would do great! I didn't get any video of the basketball, dang it! I was busy watching and playing with Jordy. We were racing from wall to wall and she won everytime :)
Anyway, Allison had a sheer look of terror when she stepped foot on the court. She was wringing her little hands and looking back and forth to Erin and Bryan. Lauren and Allison both dribbled the ball better than all of the other girls on the court. Lauren even scored a basket! Allison did this awesome quick feet move when she went to defend her girl. It was the cutest thing ever.

This weekend I plan to make at least 5 recipes of Pinterest. I have 3 parties to attend and I need to take food to 2 of them. I am hopefully going to knock out some Christmas shopping tonight and maybe even get some wrapping complete. Seriously, where does the time go? 

1 comment: