Sunday, December 27, 2009

It Just Wasn't the Same


Well, thanks to Blizzard 2009, Christmas just wasn't the same this year. On Wednesday night, my roomies and a couples of friends went to dinner & had our Christmas book exchange. It is our 2nd year to do this and we really enjoy it. The next morning at 7 am (keep in mind I was really looking forward to sleeping in), my mom called and told me to get up and get to my brother's house because OKC was already getting freezing rain. So I jumped out of bed, packed, loaded my car with presents, coats, bags and my dog and headed to Edmond. I made it to my brothers before the roads got too bad and stayed in and watched the blizzard begin all while knowing my parents were going to be stuck at home and weren't going to be able to come Christmas day. So I went to bed with Lauren & Allison and prayed that a miracle would happen and my parents could make it. We woke up Christmas morning to the news of all the highways and interstates being closed. The girls were so excited to see what Santa brought. Santa brought them a pink balance beam and pink and purple mats. They loved them! They also got a Snoopy sno cone maker that I entertained myself for a significant part of the day.
Kent and I had plans to attend a Christmas dance/party in El Reno that evening. Since the roads were bad, he came to Edmond from El Reno to get me. My parents and grandma had began the trek to Edmond but it took them so long that I was already gone to El Reno by the time they got there.
Kent and I had a really good time with his family at the party and I was really glad it didn't get cancelled because I was really looking forward to it and I got to wear a pretty dress :)
I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I am looking forward to a fun New Year and Kent and I are going to the Cotton Bowl and then I am also having Christmas with the rest of my family in Dallas this coming weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment