Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Griswald Family Trip to Branson

Hello blog world! It has been awhile and I have plenty to update you with!
Work has been super busy this week and last week and I have been working some overtime. Hate the hours but love the money! Last night it dawned on me that I can work til 5:45 and then go home, change and head to the gym, talk on the phone in my driveway for 45 min, heat up a microwave dinner, do two loads of laundry, iron 3 pairs of pants, oh and wrap one present and still get to sleep before 11 pm.
Two weekends ago, Kent asked me to come to OKC and participate in an OKC Snuggie Pub Crawl. Now I know you are thinking, why in the world would you want to hang out in a bar in a Snuggie… well because it is funny…that’s why.
This past weekend, the Griswald family (aka Heathcock family) had plans to go to Branson and see the Christmas life at Silver Dollar City. We loaded up 8 people in a 8 person vehicle and made the trek starting at 7:15 am. 3 kids, Grammy, Pappy, Bryan, Heather and Erin. Good thing we like each other.
We got to Branson and it was raining and about 38 degrees. Not the weather we had planned on at all. By the end of the day, we were cold, wet, tired, hungry, grouchy, and filled with the holiday spirit all at the same time. At one point, Lauren was crying, Allison was asleep, Jordyn was eating baby food while standing in line, Grammy was talking to strangers and I had mentally shut down. I literally didn’t speak a word for close to an hour. Thank goodness for the warm, delicious apple cider that got me out of my coma.
I have made progress on my Christmas shopping. I have 8 presents wrapped and under the tree. I am such an efficient shopper (patting myself on the back).

Now, I have to go back to work and spend about 3 more hours on the phone with Sprint so I can get the techs their new cell phones. Sounds fun, huh?



Kent and I in our Snuggies

Pappy and the girls walking to the shuttle

My sweet Lauren

Beautiful tree in Silver Dollar City

Allison all bundled up

All laughs during one of the shows

No comments:

Post a Comment