Tuesday, October 7, 2014

What I've Learned In 4 Months



I'm a little late on this one, but Sam turned 4 months on September 20th. He is an active, vocal, high energy little guy. He makes good use of his time while he is awake and takes a while to settle to sleep and tends to wiggle until he is fully asleep. He is smiling all of the time, giggling, rolling over both ways, standing on our laps, playing with toys and holding them with his tiny hands, and starting to respond when someone calls his name.

Here are some things I have learned in 4 short (long) months:

1. Zulily

I heard of Zulily before I had Sam and I wasn't that impressed when I first glanced at the site. And now I check it daily to see what bargains I can find. Now, the only thing that will make it better is to offer free shipping from time to time.

2. Sleep regression

The 4 month sleep regression is a very real thing. Sam was sleeping 4-5 hr stretches and then something happened. I have read several good articles (here and here) saying that is really isn't a sleep regression at all. Sam is developing and this disrupts sleep.  We are working through this the best we can. And with that said, I have never been more tired in my life.

3. Amber beads

Have you heard of the amber teething necklaces? I hadn't until our nephew, Henry, had one. His mother swore by it and he wore it without any problems for about 2 years. Sam turned on the faucet of drool recently so I decided to try one out. This is the one I purchased and I am pleased with it. He still drools but significantly less than he was. 

4. Toys

I received a few toys for Sam at my baby shower and put them upstairs in his nursery, thinking it would be forever until I would need them. Not true. Before you know it, they are ready to start playing. It was so nice to already have some toys available for him that I could just grab from his nursery and not have to go buy any. And then comes Zulily with their cute toys and good deals.

5. Shorts/pants with pockets

Wear things with pockets. You will need them.

6. Baby Carrier

Try on baby carriers. We registered for the Baby Bjorn Original and I ended up purchasing the Baby Bjorn One when Amazon ran a deal I couldn't pass up. The original hurt my back and the new one is much more comfortable.

7. Get out

Get out of the house without the baby. I know everyone says this but really do it. Get a manicure, go to the store, go grab coffee, workout.  Do something. It is good to clear your head and it is good to let Daddy have some one on one time with the baby.

8. Get help

I hired a cleaning lady to come 2x a month and it was one of the best decision I have made. I was so tired of feeling like I was living in a pit (which we aren't) and I didn't want to spend my free time cleaning. So worth the money to get to spend more time doing what I want to do.

13 lbs 12oz  (15%)
26.25 in (75%)

Happy 4 months, Sam. You are my sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment