Friday, October 17, 2014

Grateful

Tonight I am sitting on my couch with a glass of wine and a piece of peanut butter toast. I had never eaten peanut butter toast until I met Kyle. I always ate toast with butter on it. Or jelly. But never butter & jelly. That's weird. My mom eats it that way & I've always thought it was weird. But peanut butter toast is delicious. 

The house is quiet. Kyle is playing in a golf tournament. Sam is in bed. My house was cleaned today. I had a wine tasting so I have a really nice bottle of Cabernet open. 

Last week was rough. Well, this week was even rough. But last Friday I was in tears & this Friday, I am grateful. 

I am grateful for a healthy baby. 
I am grateful for a husband that says he misses me when he hasn't seen me in 12 hrs. 
I am grateful for a job that allows me to have a flexible schedule. 
I am grateful for friends that are still making plans with me even though I'm not as available as I once was. 
I'm grateful for a mother that loves me enough to know I need her to be Sam's only other caregiver right now. 

Tonight, I am just grateful. 

1 comment: