Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Favorites

Can you believe I am almost finished with my Christmas shopping?! I have one big present still to get (which I have NO idea what I am going to get him), and a few other small ones that will be easy as pie.

* My new favorite place is Etsy. I know this has been around for a while, but I easily get overwhelmed at sites like this, so I tend to browse quickly and then leave the site.

But here are a few finds on there that I am craving:

Wire Wrapped Ring
Vintage Paris Blank Cards
Owl Bookend

I realize the Owl Bookend is somewhat random, but for some reason I really like owls. I think I will decorate one of my kids rooms in owls. Hope they are ok with that.

These are just a few of the things I want. I could post more links, but then I would be on Etsy all day and not be productive at work. Like I am right now.

* One of my other holiday favorites is making cookies. A few years back, I got the recipe to make those famous cookies with peanut butter, Ritz crackers and almond bark. They are so easy and so delish.

It's this simple:

1 box Ritz
1 jar peanut butter
2 packages almond bark- chocolate or white

Slowly melt the almond bark. Put a good helping of peanut butter between 2 crackers and lay out on wax paper. Using tongs, dip the cookie in the almond bark and place back on wax paper.

It's really that easy. I made a batch the other day and took them to ______'s house and he said all the guys loved them and wanted the recipe. I used pretty red crystals to garnish with, but they didn't show up on the chocolate like I hoped they would. But a Christmas tin makes it all very festive!

* And last. I love Christmas cards. I love browsing them at the store and seeing all the cute designs. And then I love writing a personal message to my friends and family and sending them holiday cheer.


Anybody else have any holiday favorites they would like to share?

1 comment:

  1. I am also a huge Etsy fan! My current obsession is headbands for baby on the way. Trying to narrow it down and coordinate with outfits for her newborn pics. Too much work. :) The ring you linked is fantastic... I hope you get it for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete