Monday, May 5, 2014

36 Weeks


Here I am! All 36 weeks of me, headed out to pour wine for the richy rich at the Philbrook Wine Experience on Saturday. I stood on my feet from 2-4 on Friday and then 6-9 on Friday night and those puppies were barking when I woke up on Saturday. I relaxed most of the day, preparing myself to be on my feet again Sat night for the dinner. But luckily I was given a chair to sit in, so the night was much more enjoyable. I poured wine for about 3 tables and one of the tables was so sweet and kept asking me about the baby and how I felt.

Getting a nice walk in even though my feet feel like they might explode

Today we went in for another biophysical profile ultrasound and appt. Baby is doing very well and once again, passed with flying colors. The BPP measures the lung movement, body movement and heart rate.

The baby was very active, probably due to the Fritos I ate while I was getting ready. The baby is still breech and then the doctor told me that she won't do an ECV on me. Bummer. She said with the small size of the baby, she doesn't want to put that stress on it which could result in am emergency c-section. I understand her reasoning, but I am still bummed that option has been taken off the table.
Best case scenario: the baby continues to pass the BPP and I can stay pregnant longer, which increases my chances of the baby flipping and me going into natural labor.
Worst case scenario: we go in next week or any subsequent appt and the baby doesn't do well on the BPP and they decide it is best for the baby to be delivered via c-section (if baby is still breech).

Basically, when I go in next week at 37 weeks, I need to be prepared to have the baby. Car seat and co-sleeper are getting completed this weekend, along with me packing a bag.

I started seeing a chiropractor in hopes that she can make some adjustments which will encourage the baby to flip. While I know that the health of the baby is most important and that a c-section is not the end of the world, I would like to do everything I can to avoid it. One of the most frustrating parts of all this is that I leave each appt still feeling anxious about the baby's position and possible scheduled c-section. I wish that I could go in each week and get a perfect report and walk out thinking I could go into labor at any time and push out a baby. There is still time to let this baby flip, so let's all keep our fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment