Thursday, December 6, 2012

Decorating Our Home

Since moving in with Kyle, I have done my best to transform his house from bachelor pad to married home. A few of the changes include: throwing out his furniture in the den and replacing it with my couches, decorative pillows for the couches in the den and living room, adding bookcase and other various decorations to the formal living room, and new bedding in our bedroom. I have added some other decorations throughout the house but there is still so much I want to do. The problem? I get so overwhelmed with all of the cute decorations out there that I just don't buy anything. I see something cute but I don't know where to put it so I just don't buy it.

I have decided I need to take it one step (room) at a time and tackle this project. I have always wanted a home that I could decorate to my liking and now that I have it, it is time to really start. Here are the things on my to do list for the house:

Organize china cabinet
Organize top of cabinets in kitchen
Get art for kitchen
Get 4 small baskets for TV console in den
Decorative tray for TV console in den
Decorate mantle
Purchase wine cabinet for dining room
Make picture arrangement on staircase
New wall arrangement for entry hall
Art for bedroom

I have wedding pictures printed and as soon as they are delivered, I will pick frames at Hobby Lobby and start my staircase project. There are so many cute ideas on Pinterest, I just hope I can actually execute one of them successfully!

See my Creating a Home board here.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, your board is awesome! And you MUST blog after you do that gallery wall on the stairs... it seems so daunting to me!

    ReplyDelete