Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Joe's Retirement Party

Last Saturday, Kyle and I headed down to Dallas for my uncle's retirement party. Surprise retirement party. My aunt has been planning this for months, and was even able to keep it a surprise from him although family members had to come into town and stay at their house. She told Joe that Erin was receiving an award from some dental association, which would explain why my whole family was there.


The party was held at my cousin's husband's art gallery in downtown Dallas. She had it catered and also used the same DJ from Katie's wedding. We all assembled around 5:45 and Joe arrived a little after 6 to a loud "Surprise!" from about 50 people, including family and colleagues. He was genuinely surprised! We ate mexican appetizers, drank margaritas from a machine (best rental ever!) and ate a delicious Arkansas Razorback cake. Once we got some food and drink, it was time to tear up the dance floor. I loved this DJ at Katie's wedding and was so glad to see her back again. She played some great tunes and everyone danced...even my mom and my 78 year old grandma! Kyle's dance partner was Allison. All night. She would barely let him take a breather. When she got home, she told her Aunt Monica that she "danced her face off" and that Kyle taught her some "funky new moves."



















No comments:

Post a Comment