Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cancun


As part of a joint Christmas and birthday present/celebration, Red (that is his name for now, until I can come up with a more original moniker) and I went to Cancun.
We booked a very cheap, all-inclusive deal through Funjet Vacations about 2 weeks before we went. Luckily, I had enough vacation to indulge in my second international trip in less than 6 months.
The temp was about 80 every day and 65 at night. It was glorious. The humidity level was high, but I don't care. I just rocked a ponytail everyday and basked in the sun.
We went to a nightclub called CoCo Bongo. There is no way that I can explain CoCo Bongo and do it justice. It is the coolest nightclub I have ever been to. They put on shows and acrobatics and play the best music ever and you can dance on the bar and they drop balloons from the ceiling and confetti and pour tequila down people's throats and obviously I could go one forever.
We went to Wet n Wild water park one day and enjoyed free food and drinks all day and non existent lines so you could just walk up, ride the ride, and walk back up and do it again if you wanted to. It was the jam.
Red and I had a great time in Cancun and of course I didn't want to come home. We ate, drank, danced, relaxed, threw the football, read books, watched the Steelers win. It was a glorious 6 day vacation.
Jamie and I with Juan Jose

My new friend, Jamie! Or you can call her Snooki

Dancing on the bar at CoCo Bongo

Our new friends from Missouri, Chad and Jamie

We love Valentina's hot sauce

We also love all-inclusive drinks

Bob always needed help with his socks.
Michael Jackson lives!

Miguel, our favorite bartender

Our last night. Dinner at Lorenzillo's

One of the restaurants at the resort


View from our balcony

Junior Suite


Our little home on the beach


Red taking in the beach

The massive hotel next to ours

My own Baywatch lifeguard

I think Red must have been cold. Or he is swelling his chest to look bigger

Mayan dancers at a wedding

I couldn't write my name before the tide came in

Best night ever



Hot, sweaty mess after leaving CoCo Bongo at 4:30 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment